Monday, August 25, 2008

She turns TWO!

Today we end the August birthday extravaganza, we celebrate our third and final birthday that comes in this month. Today we celebrate our babies birthday, Olivia turned two.



It is nearly impossible to believe that my baby is already two. I have been weepy and sappy for two or three days preceding this event. There is something about the baby in the family getting bigger that just tears at your heart. I love watching my children grow, and seeing the amazing little people that they are becoming. Makayla is 7 now, and that blows my mind. She is asking for a cell phone already (YES SHE REALLY IS!! Can you believe it!?) Cameron is 5 and is coming into his own, but still needs his mama to cuddle at night. Olivia...but Olivia...she is the baby...there is something about that position in the family. Every thing she does is cute, even though we have seen it done twice already. So to imagine that she is now a full-blown toddler just makes my heart sing and hurt at the same time. OK, enough reflection and self exploration, lets get to the fun of the day shall we?

Today we celebrated by ummm....staying home. Olivia spent her birthday much like every other day, she lounged in the morning watching "Sesame Street" and "Super Why" and the afternoon napping. Once she got up from her nap supper was almost ready, she ate her food, and we then gave her a cupcake shaped like a puppy dog, which she really enjoyed.


She has just given me such joy today saying "I TWOOOOOOO" and dancing around every time we would sing "Happy Birthday" to her. It was just a good day.


I will recap the cupcake eating for you in pictures;

Here is the puppy cupcake, with two candles in her bum...poor puppy.

Blowing out her candles, and she really did blow them out herself!

Makayla and Cameron enjoying the treat I made for the rest of us, chocolate cookies and pudding.

Olivia licking the icing off of her puppy.

Now....I have to end with my favorite....no kidding, I have it on video...she pointed to the puppy's tail and said, "see mama..puppy's butt"

I am still giggling........

2 comments:

Daners said...

Olivia's birthday sounds perfect! That puppy is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Olivia!!!

We Love You!