Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hmmm.....

I have been sitting here looking at this blank screen for a while. There are no words magically appearing on the screen. There is really nothing to talk about tonight. No great pictures to analyze.

I would ask you if you have any questions for me, but since the few readers I do have already know me intimately...so that would be short and a little boring.

I guess I can kind of give you a run down of my day...when put in writing...it can seem kind of interesting, so here goes.

This afternoon, after we had gotten home from picking up Cameron at Pre-K. I fed he and Olivia lunch and put them down for a nap, and they were SLEEPING. My grandmother calls, "Nicole, are the kids asleep?" "um..they are laying down" knowing that she wanted something and that if I told her the truth that she would not tell me what she needed. "Well, Papaw called me and I missed his call, and now I can't reach him, he is bush-hogging and I'm worried about him. Can you take me up to where he is, I don't know for sure where it is" "Sure" I answered, "I'll be right there".

I woke up.........WOKE UP sleeping children, you NEVER wake up sleeping children, but for my mamaw, I will do pretty much anything. Go get her and we head to find papaw. We locate him, healthy and working, he just was calling to tell her that he was ok.................*sigh*

So since we were out, we went to the Peddlers Mall (a local place that people rent booths and sell stuff, basically an on-going in-door yardsale). While we were there, papaw called back, he was done for the day and did not want to drive the tractor home and wanted to know if we would come get him. NO..no..you must walk home!

Of course we will go get him. So back across town we head, when we get almost there, he calls back, I changed my mind, I'm just going to go ahead and take the tractor home. *sigh*

By now it is time to get Makayla from school, and we go do that, and no trip to town with mamaw is complete with out ice cream. So off to Baskin Robins. mmmmmmmmmmm.........

But, normally I do not buy Olivia her own ice cream...you know...because she is TWO (almost). I just get Makayla a large scoop and she shares with Olivia. Mamaw decided that was not fair, and insisted that I get Olivia her own. I did....do you know what kind of mess a two year old makes with an ice cream cone? Eating it un-assisted? In a car? Lets just say she needed a bath when we got home, along with the teddy bear she took with her and her car seat.

So arriving home with three sugared up kids and a sticky baby....I knew any more sleeping would not happen until bed time, I tried to get them to take some down time and watch a movie. However the sugar was running thick through their system, so they ran and chased each other in circles until Makayla had scraped her back, Olivia threw her sippy cup at...and hit Cameron with it......three times. In retaliation he took away her "Bippo" and a screaming fit followed. Bed time never looked so good.

***aaah...quiet***

I'm off to watch Michael Phelps win another gold now! Good night all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, its Joanna (KrustyTheCat) from GF!!
I get brain farts too, it is hard to come up with stuff to write isn't it? lol I just posted stuff I bought at COF! I am so lame!! lol