Monday, June 23, 2008

A PSA to you all

Because I love all 6 of my readers...hey Misty..Dana..Ashley..mom...(maybe there are two more??) I want to pass along a piece of wisdom I gained today.

When the big brown truck pulls up in your driveway....take inventory of the things that you have recently ordered.

If those things that you have recently ordered include birthday gifts for your children, whose birthdays are still over a month away...you will want to make sure that you open them OUT of their line of sight.

The reason?

Because if you open the box with said children in the room, and then close the box quickly and run to stuff it under your bed, the children will fuss, whine, jump up and down, cry..more specifically the boy will do this...and you will have to deal with this for the next two hours.

This child will say things like..."PLEEEEEAAAAASE let me see" or "I DON'T want my birthday to be in August!!" Then he will fuss, and beg until you threaten to call the big brown truck to come back and get the box.

Of course it is at this point that we all can smile a little internally as we know that the days of these types of threats being productive will soon be gone.

No comments: