Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Introductions *Part three; Makayla*


Makayla, our first born. She was due July 27, 2001, but was born a week late on August 3 at 2:17pm. She came into this world, a vocal 7lbs 1oz and 191/2 in. She was born via emergency c-section after 30 THIRTY hours of induction. When she was finally born they could have used a butter knife and salad tongs, as long as they got her out. She was a vision of perfection, I was in love immedietly.
She became a big sister just after she turned 2, and is like a little mother. She sometimes thinks she IS the mother and will try to take that roll.

She is intelligent, witty and responsible. Just last week, she and Cameron were outside playing, and Cameron had a toy she wanted. She repeatedly asked him for that toy, over and over and over, he said no, that he was playing with it. She turned to me and said, "Mama, Cameron isn't sharing." I said, "Makayla, work it out" She sat there for a few moments, and then said to me "I'm trying to work it out, but if I work it out the other way I get in trouble"
It took all of the control in my body to not bust out laughing. She cracks me up daily. She amazes me with her abilities. She can maneuver through the computer like no bodies business. She can play video games, swim under water. She loves animals, we jokingly call her the animal whisperer. She says that she wants to be a vetrinarian when she grows up, I see her making that happen.

My Makayla, she is a fabulous child, I love her immensly, but I fear her teenage years and they are coming quickly.

Summer is here...can you tell? Nothing says summer vacation like cartoons while draped over the recliner while enjoying cold pizza for breakfast.

Animal Whisperer

This one says it all

No comments: