Monday, June 2, 2008

If you could see my house

Oh man, if you could see my house, you would call the EPA and they would come and shut it down, CPS would come and take my kids...it would be bad. So don't feel left out if I don't invite you over, I like my house and my kids.

We are preparing for a yard sale, we have cleaned out every room and closet and toy box and storage area in and around our house. We are getting rid of furniture, bedding, decorations, clothes, baby gear, it's all going! However right now, it's all sitting in my living room floor, piled up. Half of it is priced, half of it is not. Waiting for Thursday when it can be lugged up to my grandmothers to be placed out for sale, that opens Friday morning. Olivia has decided that this is her own personal jungle gym, she takes great pleasure in dumping out baskets full of stuff, dragging clothes out of bins and plucking toys from the bagged up loot. The second I turn my head she is leafing through something else. Cameron is getting ill that the stack is beginning to impede his TV watching...yes it's that massive. Friday can not get here fast enough!

We better make a mint, I have great dreams of people lined down the road waiting in line to get into this exclusive sale, fighting over our items, offering twice what we are asking for it just for the privilege of owning something from this epic sale. But...in reality I am hoping we cover the cost of the newspaper ad.

Speaking of the newspaper ad, I called this morning to take out a space in the yard sale area. They have this special offer, for 19.50 you get your ad "featured" which means it gets a decorative border. However, for 15.95 you get a regular ad, and a yard sale kit, that includes a marker, pricing stickers and yard sale signs. In the 19.50 "featured" price? NO KIT?! And you get the same amount of words...20! At least for the extra cost and loss of the kit you should get more words...who can describe an epic sale like this in 20 words???

Oh well...say a prayer for my messy house and our epic sale, I REALLY hope we sell it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

No comments: