Monday, October 27, 2008

Ummmm....OOPS

As I flew out of the house last Wednesday, I was weighted down with a baby on my hip my purse on my shoulder, my make up bag and a change of clothes in my hand. I was BUSY! I was herding the Makayla and Cameron out in front of me to the van, headed to school. I was going to drop them off and head to the walking track. After a 4 mile walk, my plan was to change clothes, throw on a smidge of make up and Olivia and I were to go grocery shopping. After that was done we were headed to get Cameron at school, come home put away the groceries and eat lunch. A full morning no doubt, but nothing out of the ordinary, until;



That darn top step. As I was stepping down from the top step of the porch, I caught my heel. My ankle twisted as I came down, with my load of items and my precious baby girl. I managed to fall/stumble/dance down the following 4 steps and get on the ground, sit Olivia down before I fell. I managed to get all the way down with out dropping her, or falling on her. In fact I did not drop anything!

(Where is my SUPER MOM cape that Cameron unceremoniously took from me?)

No seriously, it was a miracle from The LORD above, HE protected me and my baby.

I sat on the ground writhing in pain while Makayla and Cameron danced around me asking me what was wrong. Makayla ran back in the house to get MA who had just gotten home. He came out and helped me back in the house and took the kids to school. I did NOT make my walk that day, or for that matter the rest of the week.



The swelling is better now, but was UGLY that night. I was back on the track this morning, at a quarter of my usual distance, but it is a start.


Darn that top step. It must not know how busy I am.

No comments: