Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hangs Head in Shame....

Long long long ago I told you that I would fill you in on Makaylas' boyfriend.

I did not.

So today I will make it up and start a little saga we will call...As the Second Grade Turns.

Makayla was the girlfriend of Jeffery. Jeffery asked her to be his girlfriend, and if she wouldn't he would just DIE! Jeffery is a cute little boy, his mama is sweet, and Jeffery is a good kid. He is 7 going on 87.

Jeffery was her boyfriend for several weeks, even when Treyton asked Makayla to be his girlfriend too, Jeffery got mad at Treyton.

Alas...it did not last, Jeffery "broke up" with Makayla because she wasn't playing with him enough on the play ground. (I giggle at "broke up")

Makayla was completely unaffected by this. I tried to down play the whole "boyfriend" thing by saying, "well in second grade you are all friends anyway right?"

"Oh Yeah!" was her answer

The next week, the new boy, Logan, became her next boyfriend. (Logan is 8..so an older man) She told me that "Logan looked at all us girls and said I was the prettiest..so he asked me to be his girlfriend"

Logan is quite smitten with my little lady...his parents have joined our Sunday School class, and when we introduced ourselves and told them that we are Makaylas parents, they laughed, and the mom said "Logan is quite happy to have Makayla in his class".

By now I am slapping my knee laughing, and MA is building a gun tower and digging a moat with one of my dads toys, I'm quite certain he has bought some alligators also.

Yesterday we went to the zoo with Makaylas' class and I noticed that Ann and Treyton were together a lot, even !holding hands! I almost died! I asked Makayla later if Ann and Treyton are now boyfriend/girlfriend. She said "How did you know!?" I said, "Well honey, I saw them holding hands". "Oh, well don't tell anybody, Ann wants to keep it a secret, she doesn't even want Treyton to know that he is her boyfriend"

Now I am rolling in the floor laughing, tears streaming.....you guys...this is heavy stuff!

No comments: