Saturday, July 26, 2008

Birthday pictures

As the month of August bears down on this home, we find ourselves preparing to go back to school and also to celebrate the birthdays of all 3 of our children. Yes, all three of our children have a birthday in August. Yes, we are in fact very thankful during Thanksgiving. Go ahead, make your jokes about our thankfulness, or how August is a good month but November is better *nudge nudge*, I know you are dying to. I'll wait..............









Done yet? Ok, lets continue



So on Monday night, I picked up Makayla and Cameron from Bible school at 9pm and set out on an hour long drive to my partner in crimes house. Ashley is not only our photographer, she is the person who listens to me whine, and cares that my kids are constipated (of course I have listened to my fair share of whining and constipation stories). Anyway, we arrive and the kids run to jump in bed with her own kidlets. We settle in for a night of catching up (both of our men work nights) we hadn't seen each other in nearly 6 months. At 4am we drug ourselves to the bed and passed out, only for our heathens..er..um adorable children to wake up at 8:30 AM.



We drug ourselves up and threw some pancakes at the kids and dressed for the afternoon of picture taking. One of the main reasons for the visit was to take birthday pictures of my kids.



Lets begin by saying that Makayla and Cameron wanted to play, not smile. Makayla spent most of the morning pouting, we were able to coax a few nice facial expressions from her, and catch a smile here and there, and with Ashley's magic photo shopping, I know they will be amazing, as usual.



Cameron also did his fair share of whining, but give the boy a large stick and let him swing it around and he will be happy. We did this and he was. We got some really good shots of him as well.



This brings us to Olivia. Did I mention that she is a ham? She gives coy little glances with her amazing blue eyes. Sweet smiles glint across her face, right before she would hurl one of Ashley's carefully placed props at her head. She never stopped posing and grinning, and her shots are also great.



I am telling you all of this to tease you a little. I do not have the pictures available to me to post yet. I can only leave it to your imagination for a week or two. I can tell you we photographed (I say we like I did something other than stand behind Ashley and say..."Don't hit your sister!") SHE photographed at railroad tracks, a state park and in her studio. She has the patience of Job and is amazing at her craft. You, however, won't get to see the proof of this. So I will just dangle it in front of you while you salivate.




Well...I have one little picture you can see, maybe. Have you been good today? Did you eat all of your fiber?


Yes? Ok, I will let you have a sneak peak.












See I told you she was good.

1 comment:

ashley goomey said...

You crack me up. The picture looks really good on your blog :)