Monday, May 26, 2008

Frigid waters

This morning alarm-clock-hiney, aka Olivia, woke up again, with out fail at 6:45. Yay. I pulled her into bed with us and coaxed her to lay down with mommy and daddy for another hour. When I say 'coax', I of course mean, I threatened her with going back in her bed. That worked until Makayla came down here from her room and started playing on webkinz.

ooohhh...webkinz..that is a whole 'nother blog! We are drowning webkinz fluff.

So when M started on Webkinz, O was done with the bed. No amount of coaxing was going to keep her there. Cameron and MA were also waking up, so my sleeping was over. I dutifully got up and went to begin breakfast, pancakes and sausage, just like I make every morning...**this would be a good time to stop for a PSA...not everything I say is completely complete....for instance, when I say "every morning" I mean once every moon cycle, or less. While I do make supper 6 nights out of 7, breakfast is usually what I can throw at the kids as we back down the driveway late for school** Ok, now that is out of the way.

As we finished breakfast, the kids were clamoring to go and get in the new BLUE pool. I told them that the water is just slightly above freezing, they didn't care. After getting on bathing suits, they flew out the door and across the yard to the BLUE pool. Again, as a dutiful mother, I reminded them that the water is cold. No pauses. Straight into the water. Those little boogers swam for over an hour in that frigid water! **If any one of you tell my grandmother that I allowed them to swim in that pool this morning, I will call you a liar and curse your name.**



Once the two ice cubes, I mean Makayla and Cameron, emerged from the water, I came in and started a warm shower to thaw them..aren't I a good mother...see I have redeeming qualities. They re-dressed and went out to spend the afternoon playing...that is until the rain started. Darn rain.

No comments: