Thursday, September 25, 2008

Remmber those men?

A few days ago I talked about two of the most important men in my life, and I also hinted that there is one other man who has a huge part in shaping who I am today, (is that good or bad?). The other man in my life is my dad.
My dad has a lot of toys. Big toys. Earlier this week, he was using one of his big toys to work on a piece of land next to us that he has leased.
As the kids went outside to play after school, they saw dad on his big toy. Dad saw the three saucer-eyed babies standing and watching. He called for Cameron to come and ride...and he took off like a streak, climbed up the tracks of the bull dozer and rode, even drove.

Look at this huge smile on my little mans face;

here he is working the controls that make the machine go forward and back. He was having so much fun.

Olivia was wanting to ride, but we told her that she was only authorized to operate small equipment, like swings;

Next up was Makayla, here she is sitting proudly with grandpa;


and my heart skipped a few beats, look at the angle of that thing, my baby is on there!!

Still Olivia wanted to ride, but again we explained to her that only small equipment is in her league; things like coupe cars;

and wagons. She was ok with this, and even happy to pull her bubby around in the wagon.


All was well and everyone was happy..........UNTIL........

Do you know what lives in thickets and around on the ground?

Bees live in thickets and around the ground. Big bull dozers will not protect you from bees if you get into their hive. They will "bump into my face with their stinger!" See the swelling under her right eye? THAT was the end of our day.


However, riding the bull dozer with grandpa, even if it ends with a bee sting, makes for a great day.

No comments: