Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yeah Yeah...I know...end of the week and all

So...last week I told you that I would tell you all about the Fall Festival, show you the fruits of my labor and let you know how it went. To be honest, I was to lazy all week to make that happen, well lazy and drowning in turkey. We had a dinner at our house on Sunday for 17 people so I was a *little* busy.


Never the less, I want to keep my word, albeit a few days late.


The piles of diapers that I showed you in my floor? They were to make two diaper cakes that our family donated to the benefit auction. What? You don't know what a diaper cake is? Well my friend, let me show you.


At around 3 hours each, these pictures represent a lot of work.

One for a boy;





One for a girl;





Each class room collected items and made baskets to be in the auction as well. This is the basket that Makaylas' class collected, the theme was toys.






This...this we will call "When Good Ideas Go Bad"

My first attempt at a "Lolly pop tree" yeah...I use the word "attempt" lightly. More like goofy looking mess that I created and blush to admit that.


Second attempt. Better, more like a "Lolly pop flower" instead of a tree, but it is late, and the Fall Festival starts in just a few hours, it will have to do.


The Fall Festival was a success. The games all came off with only one or two glitches, nothing major. The auction was lucrative, and the school raised a very good amount of money. Exhausting...yes. Worth it? Definitely.

No comments: